Madikwe Game Reserve is a 75 000-hectare wildlife reserve that lies in the North West Province of South Africa. Home to a wide variety of animals, birds, trees and grasses, the reserve is world renowned as a spectacular wildlife safari destination.
The Reserve is easily reached by car or aeroplane: a 3½-hour drive from Johannesburg or a daily scheduled flight from OR Tambo International Airport gets you there. Jaci’s Lodges are run by a team of 50 people, most of whom live in the local community. Each person who works at the lodges contributes to the daily running, management, maintenance and outstanding service that have made Jaci’s Lodges famous throughout the years.
Jaci and Jan van Heteren are the owner-manager couple behind Jaci’s Lodges. A dynamic duo, they work together in creating and sustaining a luxury wildlife and safari experience that surpasses guest expectations. Their partnership is a successful one based on trust, love and support. While Jan focuses on the cuisine, hospitality and financial side, Jaci’s passion is marketing and interiors. Additionally, Jan and Jaci are committed to empowering and uplifting the individuals who make the Jaci’s Lodges experience so special.
Jaci’s Lodges are testament to the Van Heterens’ insight into the needs of couples, groups and families looking for an authentic upmarket safari getaway in the exceptional beauty of Madikwe Game Reserve.
Jaci’s Lodges is committed to practicing eco-friendly and sustainable initiatives in order to preserve our precious environment for future generations.
The team is involved in a number of conservation and eco-friendly community projects:
– Nature and wildlife conservation, including rhino anti-poaching.
– Full-scale glass, paper and tin recycling partnership with Pandae Green Solutions.
– Use of non-toxic cleaning products and amenities.
– Minimization of waste by purchasing bulk amenities instead of individual packaging and products.
– Prioritisation of community employment, with lodge staff employment and delivery of products sourced from the local community.
– Water conservation by greywater recycling.
– The Madikwe Guest Conservation Contribution, which allows every visitor the opportunity to protect the reserve’s endangered animals.
– Jaci’s thriving veggie garden and the introduction of a hydroponic gardening system.
Jaci’s Lodges are run by a team of dedicated individuals, the majority of which are members of the Jaci’s Staff Trust, and most of whom live in the local community. Via the implementation of the Jaci’s Staff Trust initiative, Jaci’s Lodges aim to make a tangible difference in the lives of each member of staff. The impact is far-reaching, with the ultimate aim of empowering, uplifting and inspiring the local community.
Jaci’s Staff Trust offers people who have been employed at Jaci’s Lodges for more than five years, the opportunity to become a shareholder in the business. A total of 27% of the business is currently owned by the Staff Trust.